What is BULATS?
BULATS stands for Business Language Testing Service. It is an online assessment tool to assist companies to develop their staff to communicate confidently and effectively in business situations. BULATS is popular among businesses in over 30 countries and it is mainly used for recruitment, training, benchmarking and staff development. It, assesses the language skills that are required for employees and trainees who want to develop in the workplace. At the moment, four different types of test are offered: the BULATS Computer Test, the BULATS Standard Test, the BULATS Writing Test and the BULATS Speaking Test.
There is no ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ mark for BULATS tests. Scores are given on a scale of 1 to 100 – it varies according to the organisation language requirements.
All BULATS tests are aligned with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) – the international benchmark for describing language ability. This ensures that candidates’ results can be compared with international standards.
The BULATS preparation course specifically focuses on every part of the BULATS exam and provides practice tests, strategies and valuable information to ensure that students are fully prepared for the exam.
- Levels: Beginner to Advanced
- Class hours: 20 contact hours
- Duration: 10 weeks per level
- Class size: Maximum 18 students
- Intake: TBA.
- English entry requirement: No minimum requirement (A1-C2)
- Assessments: Weekly revision tests and structured teacher feedback based on academic progress.
- Students are provided with course books
- Lessons are based on the course book supplemented by a wide range of resources, including audio material and authentic texts. Daily lessons are followed by free extra classes on alternating specific skills weekly.
- Weekly BULATS test practice.
- This course will help you develop English language skills among others:
- Familiarise yourself with business vocabulary
- Speak confidently in familiar and unfamiliar business contexts
- Be ready to take the Cambridge BULATS exam and gain a global BULATS score
- Prepare to study English for Specific Purposes courses
- Gain business communication skills
- Achieve confidence with workplace language
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 hours/ week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes