ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES (EAP)
CRICOS Provider Code: 098275G (EAP1) / 098276F (EAP2)
EAP 1 and EAP 2 are 10-week courses, with a total duration of 20 weeks if taken together, based on 20 contact hours (in class) and 5 hours as self-study so that learners can develop autonomy, consult their trainer and seek academic support if needed. The timetable is spread over 5 days a week so that students can maximise their time with the trainer as well as working at their own pace in their self-study sessions. Below is a sample of how the classes will be delivered.
- A. EAP 1 – This course aims to develop skills necessary for academic study such as listening to lectures, writing academic essays and oral presentations.
- B. EAP 2 – This course will help the learner to express him/herself spontaneously, very fluently and precisely in academic and social topics.
The main purpose of the EAP Program at SMEAG English is for our learners to gain the academic skills to meet the requirements set by Universities and other RTOs or higher education institutions in Australia.
- Levels: Intermediate to Advanced
- Class hours: 20 contact hours
- Duration: 10 weeks per level
- Class size: Maximum 18 students
- Intake: Every Monday
- English entry requirement: Intermediate+
- Assessments: Weekly revision tests and structured teacher feedback based on academic progress.
- Students are provided with coursebooks
- Lessons are based on the coursebook supplemented by a wide range of resources, including audio material and authentic texts to develop the autonomy as learners.
SMEAG Global Education English for Academic Purpose Certification
The exit level of SMEAG EAP1 course is equivalent to Advanced level or IELTS 5.5
The exit level of SMEAG EAP2 course is equivalent to Advanced level or IELTS 6
- During the course students will learn and practice:
- Academic essays
- Academic research
- Grammar and academic vocabulary
- Note-taking skills
- Critical thinking
- Research projects
- Lecture listening
- Individual and group oral presentations
- Independent learning
End of the course:
At completion of the program, students will receive a certificate of completion or participation based on academic progress and attendance.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 hours/ week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes