The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s leading English language proficiency test. International students may be required to obtain an IELTS score if they have plans to pursue their studies at at University-level or for immigration purposes in Australia. Our IELTS REVIEW course is very practical and aims at tackling those academic areas in which learners need more guidance. Tests can be very stressful for students and at SMEAG English we believe that hard and targeted work is the key to succeed. That’s why IELTS Review class is conceived as a hands-on course where students will use their their own practice test as learning material.
- Levels: Intermediate to Advanced
- Class hours: 20 contact hours
- Duration: 2 weeks enrollment (recommended 5 weeks)
- Class size: Maximum 18 students
- Intake: every Monday
- English entry requirement: Complete Intermediate English language level (IELTS 5.0) or above or verifiable results of a standardised English test or the SMEAG Placement test
- Assessments: Mock Test on Monday
- Lessons will be developed from the mock test taken by students on Monday.
- No specific textebook will be used, however the IELTS teacher will supplement from reliable academic resources and authentic material.
- Students will use their practice test as learning material.
- Lessons will focus on one specific skill per day.
This course will help students understand their weaknesses and develop strategies for them to improve in a short time. Students will develop a wide range of skills including, but not limited to:
- Listening for specific information
- Lstening for details
- Developing ideas
- Understanding instructions
- Describing graphs and charts
Why to choose the IELTS review course
This course will help you develop English language skills among others:
- IELTS is largely accepted by institutions and enterprises worldwide, including universities and colleges in English-speaking countries.
- Almost all universities in Australia and other English-speaking countries accept IELTS.
- IELTS is accepted by the Australian Government for immigration purposes.
- IELTS demonstrates the student’s ability to communicate in English across all four macro language skills – reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- IELTS uses Australian, North American and British varieties of English, making it a truly international test.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 hours/ week
- Skill level Over IELTS 5.0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes